.

.

Monday 22 December 2014

We Are His






     This morning I got up and came downstairs to do my devos. Opening up my devotional, I realized I needed to finish the section regarding being made in God's image. I sort of invisibly rolled my eyes. Every christian knows that. That I am loved by God, and I am cherished, and blah blah blah.

     It's crazy how we can internally think these sorts of things automatically without even realize the extent of the condition our hearts are in. That is why it is so important to be in constant prayer that God is moulding us, and renew our minds. We need his heart handiwork. 

    Anyways, upon reading all the scripture that confirms I am his, and wonderfully made, (even now as I write), tears immediately flooded my eyes, and I was filled with emotion. Confused, I tried to shake it off, not knowing why exactly I was crying. It was, probably, a mixture of things. However I eventually realized I was crying on account of being reminded of the countless times I had asked for my death, discounted myself, sung of misery, and was just downright ungrateful for my life.

“Listen to me, you descendants of Jacob, all the remnant of the people of Israel, you whom I have upheld since your birth, and have carried since you were born. Even to your old age and grey hairs  I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
.....Isaiah 46:3-4

"Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
.....Genesis 2:7

"For you created my inmost beingyou knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
......Psalm 139: 13&14

"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."
......Isaiah 49:16

       After reading the scripture above, my heart began to soften, and the tears turned to sobs.  God began to speak to me. Saying he not only made me for a purpose, but he cherished and adored me. He gave us life, he breathed into us and then we were living people. Oh how He loves us! How he desires to shower us in affection! We need to go deeper into the chambers of his heart, and be one with his.  Hebrews 11:6 says,  "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." 

      Earnestly seek him, and let him show you what it means to be made in His image. When we insult ourselves, we insult the handiwork of God. That is a serious issue. It is not to be shrugged off, but to be taken as truth. Not that we are anything, but God is everything. And we are engraved on the palms of his hands... 

No comments:

Post a Comment